Are you a visionary physician servant leader with proven abilities to build and develop your team members and a high performing department? Luminis Health, headquartered in beautiful Annapolis, MD, seeks an exceptional leader who will ensure the continued growth of Breast Surgical Oncology throughout their integrated, multi-hospital system. If you are a driven physician servant leader who fosters camaraderie and growth, and enjoy serving as a mentor, facilitator and practicing surgeon, please read on.
We’re looking for a dynamic physician leader who:
Luminis Health offers you:
- Has 7-10 years of proven administrative and clinical leadership experience,
- Has a Medical Degree and is Board-Certified,
- Breast Fellowship or Surgical Oncology Fellowship trained strongly preferred,
- Has worked in an academic medical center &/or complex teaching environment,
- Is an accomplished clinician with breast research & teaching experience who will earn clinical credibility across the health system,
- Has experience building programs,
- Will drive a culture of improvement, quality, teamwork, and continued growth across the department,
- Will contribute to strategic planning and policy development,
- Will have the opportunity to maintain their surgical skills while recruiting, developing, and mentoring other high performing, quality, and patient-centered physicians,
- Is prepared to lead an environment of continuous change,
- Will contribute to the overall health & wellness of the surrounding communities.
Why Luminis Health?
- Extraordinarily competitive compensation/benefits package
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- 403b with matching
- Fully paid malpractice coverage
- Wellness program
- Luminis Health is a 3-hospital system representing the Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis (AAMC), the Luminis Health McNew Family Medical Center in Annapolis, and the Luminis Health Doctors Community Hospital in Lanham (DCMC), serving a patient population of 1.7 million people across 8 counties.
- The Chief of Breast Surgery will be one of the key leaders within the DeCesaris Cancer Institute and work with leaders in Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiology, and the Department of Surgery,
- We have 35 hospital-based ORs and 2 ambulatory surgery centers, with comprehensive, regional community cancer program diagnoses of over 2,500 new analytic cancer cases each year across the system;
- We have a strong track record of launching high-quality surgical programs, and our Comprehensive Breast Program is the busiest in the state with greater than 750 new breast cancer diagnosis each year;
- We have In-House Genetics Counseling, Nurse Navigation, Physical Therapy (pre-hab & rehab), Social Work, Survivorship Program, Community Volunteer Program for newly diagnosed patients, Patient Education Library and +2 APP’s one of whom is dedicated to a high-risk evaluation program;
- We have robust Education, Simulation, and Research programs, and our Research Institute participates in many clinical trials, including industry and cooperative groups;
- AAMC is a Magnet designated, Leapfrog A rated, 5-star CMS-rated hospital, and has 10 specialties that ranked in the top decile nationally in the ACS NSQIP quality metrics; and,
- DCMC has been recognized as a high-performing hospital in colon cancer surgery and heart failure, has been recognized by Forbes list of best midsize employers, and earned Hospital Compare’s 4-star quality rating.
Beautiful Annapolis is Maryland’s state capital, home to the US Naval Academy, World War II Memorial, and is recognized as the Sailing Capital of the US. Featuring a quaint, historic downtown with cobblestone streets, Annapolis is famous for all things boating and seafood, including Maryland blue crabs. Only a 30-minute drive from Baltimore, 45 minutes from Washington, DC, and 2 hours from Ocean City, Maryland, Annapolis offers some of the state’s finest schools, housing, and an exceptional quality of living.
If you want to have a major impact on the future of healthcare delivery, and if this brief description resonates with you, call/text/email Diane Stemler, MS, MT-ASCP, Vice President, Client Relationships, The Synergy Organization, 215-692-0506, Diane@SynergyOrg.com
Luminis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No Recruiters please!