Focused Search for a Visionary Chair of Surgery with Luminis Health
Are you a visionary physician servant leader with proven abilities to build and develop your team members and a high performing department? Luminis Health, headquartered in beautiful Annapolis, MD, seeks an exceptional leader who will ensure the continued growth of Surgical Services throughout their integrated, multi-hospital system. If you are a driven physician servant leader who fosters camaraderie and growth, and enjoy serving as a mentor, facilitator and practicing surgeon, please read on.
We’re looking for a dynamic physician leader who:
Luminis Health offers you:
- Has 7-10 years of proven administrative and clinical leadership experience,
- Previous Chair experience preferred &/or emerging leader with appropriate experience will be considered,
- Has a Medical Degree with appropriate board certification,
- Has worked in an academic medical center &/or complex teaching environment,
- Is an accomplished clinician with teaching experience who will earn credibility across the health system,
- Will drive a culture of improvement, quality, teamwork, and continued growth across the department,
- Will contribute to strategic planning and policy development,
- Will have the opportunity to maintain their surgical skills while recruiting, developing, and mentoring other high performing, quality, and patient-centered physicians,
- Has a master’s degree in public health or business administration (preferred),
- Is prepared to lead an environment of continuous change,
- Will contribute to the overall health & wellness of the surrounding communities.
- Extraordinarily competitive compensation/benefits package
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Temporary housing
- 403b with matching and 457b & f retirement packages providing non-qualified tax advantages and significant savings
- Fully paid malpractice coverage
- Wellness program
Beautiful Annapolis is Maryland’s state capital, home to the US Naval Academy, World War II Memorial, and is recognized as the Sailing Capital of the US. Featuring a quaint, historic downtown with cobblestone streets, Annapolis is famous for all things boating and seafood, including Maryland blue crabs. Only a 30-minute drive from Baltimore, 45 minutes from Washington, DC, and 2 hours from Ocean City, Maryland, Annapolis offers some of the state’s finest schools, housing, and an exceptional quality of living.
If you want to have a major impact on the future of healthcare delivery, and if this brief description resonates with you, call/text/email Diane Stemler, MS, MT-ASCP, Vice President, Client Relationships, The Synergy Organization, 215-692-0506, Diane@SynergyOrg.com
Why Luminis Health?
- Luminis Health is a 3-hospital system representing the Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis (AAMC), the Luminis Health McNew Family Medical Center in Annapolis, and the Luminis Health Doctors Community Hospital in Lanham (DCMC), serving a patient population of 1.7 million people across 8 counties.
- We have 35 hospital-based ORs and 2 ambulatory surgery centers, with annual surgical volumes in excess of 35,000.
- We have a strong track record of launching high-quality surgical programs, and our Abdominal Surgery, Breast Surgery, and Joint Replacement programs are the busiest in the state.
- We have robust Education, Simulation, and Research programs, and our Research Institute participates in many clinical trials, including industry and cooperative groups.
- AAMC is a Magnet designated, Leapfrog A rated, 5-star CMS-rated hospital, and has 10 specialties that ranked in the top decile nationally in the ACS NSQIP quality metrics.
- DCMC has been recognized as a high-performing hospital in colon cancer surgery and heart failure, has been recognized by Forbes list of best midsize employers, and earned Hospital Compare’s 4-star quality rating.
Luminis Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
No Recruiters please!